4/22/09

*FREE* and SUPER CHEAP

So who of you think Walmart or Target is the best/cheapest place to buy things? You would never go to Walgreens or CVS (unless you need 1 thing and don't want to go thru the WHOLE store somewhere else just to get it) because they are so much more expensive? If any of you are like me, then this is a lesson worth learning....

We were wrong!!! WAYYYYYY wrong!

Walgreens and CVS might have higher prices on many things, but did you know they basically GIVE things away? They pretty much give you FREE items or FREE money to spend at their store -- ALL THE TIME! Bet ya didn't know that did you? Well it's true, and yes, I'm a moron for just now figuring it out. So if any of you DID know, pack yourself on the back and smile cuz you are one step ahead of me.

Let me put it simply.... have you been PAYING for toothpaste? What about cleaning products? Razors and razor blades? Shaving cream? Soap? Body wash? Medicine even? Tampons? I'm assuming the answer is YES to all of the above and if that is the case, now you REALLY need to pay attention.

I'm sure many of you are thinking "well yeah, but what's $2 for toothpaste, I only buy it once a month?" but truth is, toothpaste is more than $2 (if you pay attention to prices, which sadly, I didn't before now) and $24 a year might not seem like a LOT, but if you calculate ALL the items you purchase where you tell yourself "oh it's only $1 or $3" it adds up to a LOT. Plus, why would you want to pay for it when you can get it free just the same? I'd much rather apply that $24 a year towards a new shirt or something I'd RATHER spend my money on... wouldn't you?

If any of this sound intriguing or makes you a little more curious about how to get FREE stuff you've got to keep reading and checking back for all the tips I'm going to be sharing with you from here on out. I can't tell you the amount of FREE or REALLY cheap stuff I've been getting, with NO EXTRA hassle to get it. Did I mention I have 9, yes NINE, STEAKS in our freezer that cost me NOTHING?!? And I'll go ahead and share that I have 12 TWELVE 12 bottles of laundry detergent sitting in my laundry room that I paid less than $16 for TOTAL, IF EVEN that much. Yes people, I'm serious. Wouldn't you like to come home and show your husband how much stuff you got and how much money you saved instead of hiding the receipt and hoping he doesn't ask how much you spent this time? lol.... Don't try to deny that you're husband at some point hasn't had some comment about the money spent somewhere on something... even if it's not groceries and household goods. Lucky for my, my husband now says "so what'd ya steal today?" haha.... even tho it's not STEALING, it's just SMART SHOPPING -- and well, who doesn't LOVE a good bargain?

So in the next few days I'll be telling you about all the good stuff you can score for FREE or SUPER cheap at WALGREENS, CVS, TARGET, WALMART and eventually many other stores. Please email or comment and let me know what stores YOU normally shop at and I'll add that to my list to help you find the BEST deals at those places as well. Here in San Antonio we aren't as lucky as most of you to have so many grocery stores to choose from, so I need your help in figuring out which stores would be best for me to post about. Thanks in advance for your input!!

Okay, well it's time for your first WALGREENS lesson. So sit back and enjoy me doing the work and your reaping the beneifts..... LET'S GO!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I use to be a big Krogers shopper, but now I love shopping at CVS - they always give me free money. Can't wait to hear your secrets because I need to know - having children and having boys when it comes to food and stuff is very expensive, lol

Aimee' said...

I saved over 50% on my stuff at Walgreens last night and got $3 in RR

Anonymous said...

The only grocery stores we shop at are Kroger and HEB, I am sitting on the edge of my seat to see what you have in store (no pun intended) for us.

Steph V said...

interested as well. my problem is...i have a hard enough time doing my grocery trip every week. i hate going to different stores. so much so that i haven't even been inside a target in probably a month and only walmart twice for Easter and yard stuff. ha. i have turned into a HEB shopper for everything.

Amanda said...

I am sooo excited that someone I know has done this and is aaving money!! I'm ready to learn! Teach me! Teach me!!