4/21/09

Let the changes BEGIN!

You thought I fell off the face of the earth didn't you? Yeah, you thought I abandoned you guys and just left you hangin' -- Well I'm back and I'm about to change your life =) ha, well I hope "lil bits" of it anyway!!

I first want to apologize for being gone a while. I've been working on my blog for quite some time now, trying to figure out where to start. First I thought I needed to get the background done and figure all that stuff out, but that's proving to be a little more difficult that I thought (lol) so I've decided to go forward and figure things out as I go along. So don't be surprised to seem many changes in the next few days/weeks.

Okay then.... Moving right along...

Part of the changes will be me sharing with you guys how I have been getting all those great deals I've posted before (and many, many you guys don't even know about yet)!! Obviously what I will have to say/share/show you isn't some huge secret or even stuff you guys aren't already doing. I just know 2 months ago, I was clueless to how much money I was "wasting" when it came to buying groceries and other household goods we needed. No joke, we were averaging anywhere from $600-$800 a month on that stuff ALONE. That may come as a shock to some of you thinking how in the world could we be doing that, but it's the truth. With diapers, at least 4-6 gallons of a milk a week (yes, my boys loveeeeee milk!!), the cost of laundry detergent combined with the millions of loads I do a week, it all adds up. Plus, I've never been a "budget" kind of person. My husband, on the other hand, calculates things to the penny. (SOOOO NOT EXAGERATING HERE FOLKS -- he can tell me exactly how many miles I can go on a tank of gas at this price and how long that tank should last with driving here and there and etc. To top it off, he can do it in his head in .083 seconds! Blows my mind and goes WAY over my head lol)

With that said, I have completely found a new appreication for the dollar! Not saying before I just "threw it away like it grew on trees" (although I bet my mom and dad would beg to differ lol), but if we needed something, we bought it -- and then some! Who reading can relate? Have any of you walked out of the grocery store with $200 in groceries and get home to realize you really don't have much to speak of? Do any of you have to go back to the grocery store mid-week to grab those "few things" you forgot when you went the first time? How about throwing away food because it went bad before you ate it? I'm sooooooo guilty of all of the above!! At least I was...

Now, I come home from the grocery store and look at what I got in amazement! I can't believe I can get $52 worth of stuff for $.01 out of pocket!!! OH YES -- YOU READ THAT RIGHT!! And I have the receipt to prove it! lol.

Without dragging this on and on, I just wanted to try to explain, in whatever way I can, what I hope I can do for you guys. I'm still learning, but I just can't stand not sharing all these awesome "secrets" I have for SOOOO many different things in my (and hopefully YOURS too soon!) life!! This blog will not be dedicated to only one thing. I will be opening new doors and sharing so many new things that I can only hope will continue to enrich your lives and help you get to where you want to go. It doesn't matter if you are here to learn how to coupon and save money, or get more info about losing weight, or finding the best deals at stores around you, I want to help you in any way I can. So please, check back often and tell your friends about this place you've found online. This place you can sit back, relax and be yourself. No judgements. No critisism. Just understanding and openess about my life. My struggles. My failures and my successes.

Come in. Check it out. Save some money. Lose some weight. Gain some knowledge. Make a friend. Find some comfort. Get some secrets. Share some too. Be yourself.

Welcome to Lil' Bits of Life -- "Where Every Lil' Bit Counts"

No comments: