12/5/08

Lil' Bits of Life

Wow. I can't believe I'm finally doing this. For years now I've been a stay at home mom to two beautiful little boys, whom I adore more than anything in this world. I love being able to be home with them and watch them grow into tiny little men. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing them change and knowing I have such a big part of who they become. What could be more precious that that?

At the same time, that scares me half to death. I am responsbile for two other people besides myself. Just over five years ago I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself and being selfish was the "norm" for me. Then came marriage. Then came babies. Then life changed. All of a sudden selfish turned into selfless and me as a person became me as a mom and wife who was no longer known as "M" but as "H and J's mom or S's wife." But I will admit, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

But there did come a time that I realized that I'm still human and more importantly, I'm still my OWN person. I was a woman who had dreams and goals of her own. I still have a brain (sometimes!) and I still want to make my mark in this world. So here I am.... making my mark and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you all!!!!

1 comment:

Aimee' said...

I can't wait to sit back and watch my best friend leave her mark...because my best friend is rather awesome...and I know you'll leave an amzing "mark!!" Love ya!!