2/10/09

Questions Answered

Alrighty then... now that I've said most of what I needed to say to "recap" the last few months, I'm sure many people still have questions. I will try to answer anything I can think people would or already have asked. If there is anything I have not answered, please post a comment or email and feel free to ask away.... =)

How much did you weigh when you decided to start taking these pills?
-I was 132... which is the heaviest I've been, post baby.

How tall are you and what do you think you should weigh?
- I am 5'1 tall... actually not quite 5'1 but pretty close. Honestly, I'm not sure what I think I SHOULD weigh, but I know I feel most comfortable in the 103-107 range.

How much weight did you lose the first month?
- I lost 12-15lbs the first month I was on the pills. After that the weight loss slowed down. Not sure if that's because I didn't have that much to lose to begin with or because it was around holidays when I was first taking the pills. With the chaoticness of traveling, bad eating and lack of sleep I'm sure that slowed down the process somewhat.

How much weight have you lost total so far?
- I have lost 26-27 pounds. I am currently 105-106... which has been my ultimate goal all along.

Are you still taking the diet pills? If not, when did you stop?
- I do not take the pills on a daily basis at all. I didn't want to just stop drastically, so I have gradually started to take them less and less often. I started that the beginning of Jan.

Did the weight come back when you stopped?
-Actually, because I haven't completely stopped, I can't really answer. No I haven't gained anything back as of yet, but I don't think that has to do with taking or not taking the pills.

Do you still eat the same things or whatever you want, or did you change your eating habits?
- I have always eaten whatever I want, but I did notice my cravings changed. I still want the occasional chocolate or cookie, but now instead of wanting ALL of them I eat enough to fill that craving. I also noticed I no longer enjoyed eating so unhealthy and so much of anything, yet I do not deprive myself of anything.

What do you feel has changed the most about you?
- When it comes to weight wise, I feel I have changed in ways I tried to do before. For the first time I actually have a healthy relationship with food. I glance at the calories and fat content, but I don't dwell on it. I no longer feel guilty if I eat a little more than I know I should, instead I tell myself I'll do better next time. I feel that the biggest mistake people make with "dieting" regardless of how it is done, is setting themself up to fail. When they take away their favorite foods they end up stuffing their face with them at some point in time. So, I finally realized that it's okay to enjoy what you like, but in moderation. It's also best to allow yourself time to enjoy those foods, so when eating them, really sit down and savor them and then you won't want to eat ALL of them.

More to come!!!

1 comment:

MaricrisG said...

I'm impressed at how the pills worked. Curiously, does it have any side effects at all? I believe that with your height, a 132 lbs will make you look really heavy or big. I'm happy that you reached your ideal weight.