2/9/09

Who, What, When, Where, Why and How

I'd thought I'd share a little info about myself for those of you that don't know me and are curious to know who I am, what I am trying to accomplish, when I started this journey, where I want to go, why I want to change and how I plan to do it.

WHO:
25 year old female. Stay at Home Mother of two. Married to the love of my life 5.5 years now.


WHAT:
I want to be somebody different, yet the same. I want to be the me others love so much, but a better version of myself. I want to not only be a better mother and wife, sister and daughter, friend and woman, but mostly, a better woman of God. I want to serve Him and honor Him in ways I never knew how to before. I want to learn new things everyday and raise my children up to be honorable, intelligent, beautiful young men. I plan to use this blog to share my experiences, my downfalls, my struggles, my accomplishments and my lessons in hopes of inspiring and encouraging anyone else that comes accross this that it is never to late to make a change. You can always be who you want to be and there is no limit to how far you can go.

WHEN:
This mostly began last summer (2008) and really took off by Oct-Nov 08. I officially started my weight loss journey Nov 8, 2008 and somewhere between then and now is when it all started to happen. I have always wanted to be out there and reach people. People I can help or influence. People I can touch and pray for. I just never knew how before now...

WHERE:
I have no idea where I'm headed anymore. WhenI first started, this is not at all where I planned to be. I had no intentions of starting a blog or trying to change much of anything in my life other than my weight.... so to tell you where I'm headed who be nothing more than a guess or a dream and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to know where I'm going.... I just hope I get there because I know it will be worth the ride.

WHY:
I wanted to lose weight because I'm young and everyone has always said "but you have two kids... you look great" which comes out to me "you look great for having two kids, BUT..." so in the beginning it was merely out of spite and frustration. I wanted to lose weight to look good, but thru out the process I have realized most importantly, I want to be and remain healthy. I want to be a good example for my children and how can I tell them to eat good, take care of themselves and stay in shape if I'm not healthy myself? "Do as I say, not as I do" doesn't really apply here.... ha =) So mainly I want to do this for my children, but mostly, for myself. I want to know that when my time comes, I lived the life God planned out for me and I was who He wanted me to be. Change is good and I will embrace all that comes with it.

HOW:
I first planned to start with taking 2 day diet pills to lose the weight and with my success from the product, it sprialed into a business and now a blog. I had no intentions of selling anything or much less writing my experience for any stranger to see, but I welcome the new challenge and look forward to all that's yet to come. I hope to keep this blog going to show anyone who reads how they too can reach whatever goal they have set, no matter how big or small. I am living proof that some of us need to SEE to believe. You too can change or improve if you just have enough faith in yourself and allow whatever is waiting for you to guide you along the way.

No comments: